官方的MinGW与Ecere提供的有什么差别?

来自中国的朋友,欢迎您在本版面使用中文讨论问题。请注意,如果您想得到不懂中文的人的帮助,请同时提供英文译文。
Help and discussions in Chinese.
liqi98136

官方的MinGW与Ecere提供的有什么差别?

Post by liqi98136 »

官方的MinGW与Ecere提供的有什么差别?What is the difference between official MinGW with Ecere's
我所知道的是GL库,i18n库和UPX.exe,因为我正在试着用官方的MinGW编译ecere_sdk源码。
I do know is that GL library, i18n and UPX.exe, because I was trying to use the official MinGW compiler ecere_sdk source.
jerome
Site Admin

Re: 官方的MinGW与Ecere提供的有什么差别?

Post by jerome »

Hi liqi,

Sorry I'm not sure I understand your question.

At the moment, the Win32 installer is only available for version 0.43 of Ecere
(Which is rather outdated, especially since it doesn't understand the new project file format (epj)). We're hoping to update that in a relatively near future. :|

The MinGW that is packaged with it is a collection of official MinGW binary packages, the GCC version included is:

gcc (GCC) 4.3.0 20080305 (alpha-testing) mingw-20080502

The 0.43 installer does also include UPX which can be used to compress executables to a smaller size, and I think it has that extra GL/glext.h header as well.

Also, in that installer mingw32-make.exe is renamed to make.exe (which is not standard on MinGW, because it can conflict with other make programs).
You should change it back or copy it to mingw32-make.exe if you are using the 0.44 candidate versions of Ecere.

You can use any MinGW version along with Ecere, but your mileage may vary depending on the versions. (I've encountered various GCC bugs in the newer GCC 4 versions, sometimes tried to work around or report them on MinGW and GCC mailing lists). I used both the GCC version of that installer (4.3.0 20080305 (alpha-testing)) as well as 4.4.0 with a certain amount of success.

Cheers,

Jerome