sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ecere-team/ppa sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ecere-sdk
- In December 2008, we had released a first open-source draft, 0.44 draft 1, which could bootstrap itself from GCC.
- In March 2010, we released 0.44 preview 1, with some new features, bug fixes, and new bugs. We also got a new website design, with new phpBB forums.
- In May 2010, we adopted Git as our version control system. Our source repository is hosted on GitHub at http://github.com/ecere/sdk
- Native Window decorations, toolbar and tool tips
- A new JSON-based .epj project format and powerful project settings, with powerful per File X Config X Platform Project Settings
- Internationalization support, with Chinese and Spanish available by setting the LANGUAGE environment variable to zh_CN or es_ES
- SQLite and Oracle drivers for Ecere Data Access (EDA)
- Improved eC Distributed Objects
- Less memory leaking on parsing code
- Line Numbers in the Code Editor
- Settings for multiple compilers (e.g. allowing to set up cross-compilers, different GCC versions…)
- Support for ccache and distcc to speed up your builds
- New Credits and License dialogs for the About box
- A bunch of new samples, PowerPoint Tutorials and extras (SSLSocket, Audio, WIA Scanning…)
- Coursework to accompany the Tao
- A new updated Windows installer, with MinGW (GCC 4.4.0 and GDB 7.0 were selected for working best)
- PPAs for Ubuntu working on both 32 and 64 bit machines, for Lucid Lynx, Maverick Meerkat, Natty Narwhal, Oneiric Ocelot and Precise Pangolin
- Numerous tracked issues were resolved, see the complete list at:
For those of you who do not yet have an account on the forums, and wish to register, please let me know of your user name for activation, because I unfortunately cannot distinguish spammers from real users.